The gastronomic offer of the island of Krk is one of the reasons why tourists often return to the island.
The excellent gastronomic offer of Krk is offered by restaurants with authentic island dishes and wines.
Try the delicacies such as:
- homemade prosciutto,
- “šurlice” (pasta) with lamb chops,
- anchovies on a buzzard with potatoes.
Take short trips around the island and visit:
- Krk Island Wine Days in Vrbnik, the last weekend of August, and consume fine pasture, or buy a gift for your friends,
- Fig days in late August in Krk, a gastro festival for fig lovers,
- Šurlica days, in June in Punat and in July in Vrbnik, manifestation of the production and tasting of a traditional type of pasta,
- The Olive Days in Punat are organized in late October and early November, and
- The Eco-Ethno Festival in Malinska – last weekend in May
Local fig and honey brandy as well as local white wine Vrbnik Žlahtina can be tasted in any café by the sea or on the city wall’s.
You can also take a look at the wine cellars where the same is kept and buy a nice gift for friends.
Krk has many fishing evenings in the centers where you can try fine local fish specialties.
You will also find excellent fish specialties in restaurants.