What can you see on the Island of Krk?
The Island of Krk – an Island with a plenty to see and do, and everyone can find something for themselves.
Visit historical sites, museums, galleries, exhibitions and fairs. Enjoy walks through the pine trees by the sea.
Try the gastronomic offer.
Visit cultural and historical sites, such are:
- Frankopan castle dating from the 12th century,
- the medieval Krk cathedral,
- the Romanesque church of St. Quirinus,
- ancient temple of Venus,
- 2000 year old city walls, and other historical sites of the city.
Visit the church of Sv. Lucija, where a copy of the famous Baška tablet, written in Glagolitic script from the 11th century, is kept, or buy a small copy of the plate as a souvenir.
Explore the mysterious Biserujka Cave, an underground gallery of numerous stalactites, stalagmites and a hiding place for pirate treasures.
See the magical sea world of the Adriatic and its underwater inhabitants in the Krk Aquarium-Terrarium.
Sail on one of the tourist boats and visit the small islands and other places in the Kvarner bay.
Basic information about the island of Krk:
The island of Krk has good transport connections:
- from the mainland – over the Krk bridge,
- from the sea – by ships to ports or harbors, and by ferry to the port of Valbiska,
- from the air – by plane to Rijeka airport near Omišalj.
The mild Mediterranean climate, favorable geographical position and the diversity of natural and cultural beauties, even in antiquity gave it the name “golden island”.